Subject: Use of XML Catalog with Ant (xslt task) - request for example (using for DocBook/WebHelp)

I’m trying to get DocBook WebHelp building working.
Although I do already have a working Ant build file based on the one from the DocBook stylesheet distribution I would like to use Catalogs for resolving my stylesheet locations, which the one provided doesn’t.

For my other target formats I’m using Saxon 6, via an Ant Java task.  I have catalogs working for these as that’s taken care of by parameters passed to Saxon.
For WebHelp I’m using the Xslt task – that’s how the one in the stylesheet distribution is written, and it uses attributes like “if” and “_expression_” in its “param” elements, and I don’t know how to convert these to Java/Saxon.

I’ve tried to follow Ant’s documentation regarding the <xmlcatalog> element but I can’t get it to work.  (I am finding the Ant documentation in this area extremely hard to follow)
By “can’t get it to work” I mean it doesn’t find the files I’m trying to reference via the catalog.  It doesn’t show any messages indicating whether or not it is using the resolver, so I presume it isn’t finding it.

Does anyone have any complete example of this working.
Ie one that includes a reference to the resolver jar, and the classpath, and the catalog file and/or catalogManager.properties.

Alternatively – I think the only thing that blocked me from using Saxon was not knowing how to implement @_expression_ and @if, so if anyone can indicate how to do that for Java/Saxon I may revert to that option.

Appreciatively,
Richard.

Richard Kerry
BNCS Engineer, SI SOL Telco & Media Vertical Practice

T: +44 (0)20 822 59063 (for the moment)
M: +44 (0)7812 325518
Room EBX 301, BBC Television Centre, Wood Lane, London, W12 7RJ (for the moment)
richard.kerry@atos.net