Subject: Using the Maven example project - goals to run & customisation

Hi there,
I was wondering if anyone could explain how to use the example Maven
project located here:

http://docbook.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/docbook/trunk/maven/docbook-sample/

From the look of the POM file, the project is capable of doing the
following during a build:
* downloading the latest version of the standard DocBook stylesheets and
their NS equivalents using the Maven dependency plugin
* Unpacking the stylesheets to a temporary directory inside
'target/generated-resources'
* Transforming a document (in the sample project, sample.xml) using the
downloaded stylesheets

This is exactly the workflow I'd like to replicate. What I'm confused
about is which goals/targets to run to get it to actually do all this
stuff. I've tried things like 'xml:transform', 'site' and so on, but it
always seems to fail to actually download the stylesheets or transform
the source files.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Graeme