Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Use of XML Catalog with Ant (xslt task) - request for example (using for DocBook/WebHelp)

"If I'm understanding the original post correctly, you want to use catalogs so that ANT will resolve the location of the stylesheet specified in ant's <xslt/> task from the catalog"

That's correct.

"I don't know if ant can do that" "I only ever used ant+catalog files to resolve dtds and stylesheet locations specified in xsl:imports"

Interesting point.

The Ant docs say "This task supports the use of a nested xmlcatalog element which is used to perform Entity and URI resolution", which does not seem to explicitly include or exclude the use of the catalog to find the style file.

In Saxon I do a mixture.  The initial (ie customization) stylesheets are looked-up using a catalog, then the standard stylesheets are xsl:import'ed again via a catalog lookup.  Within those the file locations are relative paths.

My catalog has two <group> elements.  One is for the locations of the customization stylesheets; the other is for the standard stylesheets.

I'm seeking to do this as it's what my existing Saxon-based transformations do, so I assumed Ant would be able to do so too.  I have asked on the Ant mailing-list, and have just received a reply indicating that I may need to start delving into the Java code to sort out exactly what's going on.  As a C++ programmer Java looks quite familiar, but I have no experience of actually working on it.

Uncertainly,

Richard.

Richard Kerry

BNCS Engineer, SI SOL Telco & Media Vertical Practice

T: +44 (0)20 82259063 (to change shortly...)

M: +44 (0)7812 325518

G300, Stadium House, Wood Lane, London, W12 7TA

richard.kerry@atos.net

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. As its integrity cannot be secured on the Internet, the Atos group liability cannot be triggered for the message content. Although the sender endeavours to maintain a computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitte