Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] how remove dot in orderedlist/listitem?

Hi Dave,
You will want to copy to your customization layer and customize the template that starts like this from the file common/common.xsl:

<xsl:template match="orderedlist/listitem" mode="item-number">
You will see that the dots are added as part of the $type variable that is used as the @format attribute in numeration. Remove the dot there and it should work.

I'm a bit surprised that the dots are hard wired like that.  Most generated punctuation is part of the gentext system so that it can be more easily changed for different languages.

Sent: Friday, August 30, 2013 6:22 AM

Hi,

I have fragment of docbook like this:

    <orderedlist inheritnum="ignore" continuation="restarts">
    </orderedlist>

I convert this list to xsl-fo, and see (I removed tags):
1. FOO
2. BOO

But I want
1 FOO
2 BOO

without dots after numbers.

Can not find any preference that can change this behaviour.

Also I try hack fo/list.xsl,

but I can not find where in
<xsl:template match="d:orderedlist/d:listitem">

dot appear (I am newbie in XSL).

Any suggestions how to remove dots?