Subject: Bibliography vs. olinks

Hi all,

I have a set of documents that cross-reference each other. They also mention each other in their bibliography sections.

So, the most natural way I thought of was:

<biblioentry>

<olink targetdoc="some-other-document"/>

</biblioentry>

Indeed, since all the necessary document info is already in the olink database - why not use it? Unfortunately, DTD stopped me from doing that. :)

So, I tried to wrap the <olink/> above in <citetitle/>. That passed the validation, but the docbook-xsl stylesheets interpreted this as a reference to an external bibliography file, and failing to load that external entity, emitted an error message:

warning: failed to load external entity "http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/bibliography/bibliography.xml"

No bibliography entry: idp71680 found in http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/bibliography/bibliography.xml

So, I see two possible ways of dealing with this:

- to process the whole set of documents to create that "bibliography collection" (which, I guess, would work - but seems to be an overkill, given the availability of the required information in the olink database)

OR

- to customize the DTD to allow <olink/> as a direct child of <biblioentry/> and to customize the match="biblioentry" template to handle such olinks.

Am I missing some obvious way of dealing with this problem?

If I follow the latter approach, would it be a welcome addition to docbook-xsl stylesheets?

Regards,

Alexey.