Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] RTF output with FO - Column width in tables is zero?

Hi Nathan,
How are you generating RTF with FO? With FOP? If so, it is likely that this problem is coming from FOP rather than DocBook XSL. The Apache project webpage for FOP includes this note: "RTF output is inferior to other output formats supported by FOP."

Regarding the version numbers you mentioned, the "1.74.3" is a DocBook XSL stylesheet version number, and the "5.0" is a DocBook schema version number. The 5.1 schema version is not yet released as an official standard, so I would not recommend basing your system on it. You could upgrade your XSL stylesheet version to the latest 1.78.1. The following reference describes how to install them:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/InstallStylesheets.html

but I'm not sure what else is needed to get them working on a Mac system.

From: Nathan Bailey
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2013 4:42 PM
To: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi,

I'm generating RTF output with FO, but some of the tables it generates have a cell width of zero? Specifically, they have 'cellx0' where they should have cellx(some increasing number), eg. cellx1000, cellx2000, cellx3000 for a three column table.

When opening the resulting RTF in MS Word, the table size can't be reset.

I can hack the RTF manually to fix this, but is there a better way?

My docbook-xsl/VERSION says "1.74.3". It's not actually clear to me how to upgrade to a later version! I'm on a Mac, and brew's latest is 5.0, but the website says 5.1. I assume I'm supposed to install these files: http://www.docbook.org/xml/5.1b8/rng/ but I'm not sure where/how. Are there installation instructions somewhere?

thanks!

Nathan