Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Duplicate TOC Enries with WebHelp DocBook

Thanks, Bob.  I will try that first as it seems to be easiest thing to do right now.  I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks,
Morgan

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Stayton [mailto:bobs@sagehill.net]
Sent: September-17-13 12:42 PM
To: Peter Desjardins; Morgan Hayward
Cc: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org

The big clue is this message:

>>   Note: namesp. cut : stripped namespace before processing

This indicates that a DocBook 5 document is being processed with the non-namespaced stylesheets.  That requires the stylesheet to first run a an XSL process to strip the namespace from all the elements in the document, and temporarily saves the stripped document in memory so that it can then apply-templates.  The randomness of the errors would indicate memory problems when trying to do this with a big document.  Would it be possible to switch to the namespaced stylesheets (docbook-xsl-ns-1.78.1) ?  It would be somewhat faster because it could skip that step, less memory intensive, and less likely to produce problems down the road.