Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] xmpp.xsl file?

On 9.10.2013 11:29, Jen wrote:
> I can guess what the file is trying to do, but I was hoping there's some
> known distribution of stylesheets than contains this file and the name
> might ring a bell to someone... :)
>
> Either way, good point, I'm attaching it, maybe it helps.

From this:

  <!-- Include other stylesheets -->
  <xsl:import href="docbook.xsl"/>
  <xsl:include href="inline.xsl" />
  <xsl:include href="component.xsl" />
  <xsl:include href="titlepage.xsl"/>

it seems that file uses quite unusual approach to customization. Usually
just docbook.xsl is imported as it itself imports
inline.xsl/component.xsl/titlepage.xsl stylesheets that are part of
standard stylesheets.

You can try to comment out these three includes and see if customization
still works.

Then I suggest move xmpp.xsl into separate folder from standard XSL
stylesheets distribition and modify path to fo/docbook.xsl accordingly.
Otherwise you risk you will overwrite this file when upgrading to recent
version of stylesheets.

Depending on whether you are using DocBook V4.5 or V5.0. You might
consider switching to namespace version of stylesheets (for V5.0).

If this is the case then you will be able to rely solely on stylesheets
distributed as a part of oXygen, just use the following import:

<xsl:import
href="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl-ns/current/fo/docbook.xsl"/>

oXygen will redirect this to a local copy of stylesheets. You will have
to tweak few things in xmpp.xsl then, for example change

<xsl:when test="self::chapter | self::preface |
self::appendix">bold</xsl:when>

<xsl:when test="self::d:chapter | self::d:preface |
self::d:appendix">bold</xsl:when>

and add xmlns:d="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook"; to xsl:stylesheet element.

Regarding customization I suggest read the following:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/CustomMethods.html