Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] producing epub 2 (NOT epub 3s) -- how to do it?

I assumed that the /epub directory is still supported (although the ruby script might not work).

If it is the case that /epub/docbook.xsl is no longer supported, then there would probably be a need to have a epub2 backward compatibility option for the epub3/ stylesheet.

The Smashword error messages indicate that they are unable to read epub2 features:

********************from smashwords

We have run EPUBcheck on your file, and unfortunately, it has not passed validation. The errors found were:

Smashwords is quickly becoming a major distributor of ebooks -- although they've been using an older verison of epubcheck. They accept only epub files which can pass the older test.

Robert,

If I remember correctly there is an epub  directory in the stylesheet distribution that creates epub2. It is unsupported as Keith is no longer maintaining it.  It may still be a good starting point.

Carlos

--
Robert Nagle
6121 Winsome Ln #56C, Houston TX 77057-5581