Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Should xmllint successfully validate docbook 5 containing XIncludes?

On 10/28/2013 10:31 PM, Bob Stayton wrote:
The short answer is no, xmllint does not successfully validate DocBook 5 documents that are in fact valid.

I normally use Jing to validate DocBook 5.  I've not seen it hang like you have.

    Thanks, that's good to know going forward. It turns out that stripping the

<!DOCTYPE refentry [
<!ENTITY % mathml PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD MathML 2.0//EN"
                  "http://www.w3.org/TR/MathML2/dtd/mathml2.dtd";>
%mathml;
]>

prolog from my documents will prevent jing from hanging. Unfortunately it will also
prevent some of them from validating, since they use MathML entities like &lfloor; .
I filed a bug on the jing project page to ask about this but perhaps I'm missing
some other way to be able to use these entities that would work around this issue?

    Jon Leech