Subject: Issue with page number format, when toc is relocated

I've positioned the toc of a book after the preface (through processing of an empty toc element in the xml source).

That works, except that the page number sequence is as follows:

(i, ii,) iii, iv, 5, 1, 2, 3, etc ...
                  ^

where:

  - pages i and ii are suppressed in the output, as expected.
  - page iii is the preface
  - page iv is blank (double sided document)
  - page 5 is the toc
  - content follows after page 5 (numbering restarted as expected)

The unexpected behaviour is that the switch from roman to arabic numerals has started too early, at the toc on page 5.

Attached you find an xml source and corresponding customization which exercise this behaviour (using xsltproc and fop1.1 to produce PDF).

I'd like to prevent this behaviour but am clueless about where to attack this phenomenon.

Any pointers/direction are greatly appreciated.

Erik Leunissen.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<book version="5.0" xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook";
      xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";