Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Fop failing with illicit table

Hi Camille,

On 15 Nov 2013, at 10:24, Camille Bégnis <camille@neodoc.biz> wrote:

Hello,

I am facing the infamous error:
"A table-cell is spanning more rows than available in its parent element."
When trying to convert DocBook to PDF using FOP.
It is a big document with many tables, and looking for the culprit is tedious.

That would make it an illegal CALS table - according to the OASIS CALS specs.

Has anyone faced this issue, and found a way to detect the issue?
A "simple" XPath would do I guess?

I've created some schematron and done a blog post on CALS validity:

(I do have an update I want to get some time to work on - I want to try out David Carlisle's suggestion to address the phases/progressive-validation issue - which is more of a schematron issue)

Cheers,

Nigel

--
Nigel Whitaker, Software Architect, DeltaXML Ltd. "Experts in information change"
nigel.whitaker@deltaxml.com   http://www.deltaxml.com   +44 1684 869035