Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Adding an additional "section" between a sect1 and a sect2

Why not just ditching <sect1>, <sect2>, etc. and stick to <section>?

On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 10:40 AM, David Goss <goss@fstrf.org> wrote:
I just wanted to point out the renderas ("render as") attribute, which actually might be closer to what you're looking for. This would let you use section levels correctly, but you could select individual ones to be formatted differently, e.g.

<sect1>
    <title>Application Basics</title>
    <sect2 renderas="sect3">
        <title>Setting Up a Project</title>
    <sect2>
        <title>How to Setup a Project</title>

See http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/Typography.html#UsingRenderas

---
David Goss, M.A.
Technical Writer, Laboratory Division
Frontier Science & Technology Research Foundation
4033 Maple Road
Amherst, NY 14226
(716) 834-0900 x7218