Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Syntax highlighting

On 2013-12-06 Norman Walsh wrote:

> I'm also tempted to abandon the XSL stylesheets and
> work instead on a purpose-built HTML+CSS rendering
> for printing.

While I don't plan to upgrade my generating workflow to XSL 2.0 stylesheets
in the near future, I am quite curious whether the proposed HTML+CSS
approach can really cover all common needs:

1. ToC and Index with page numbers
2. Bookmarks
3. Double-sided version (different recto/verso margins, header/footer
content)
4. Running header-footers (differences amongst title, blank or recto/verso
pages)
5. Absolute positioning of title page graphics or other page elements
6. Using PDF format for images
7. Change bars

Currently I also post-process final PDF files utilizing an intermediate
format (I can retrieve the page # and Y coord for the specific ID in this
format).

Thanks, Jan