Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] HTML5 Audio + Video multiple sources

On 2013-12-08 Bob Stayton wrote:
> On 12/7/2013 12:27 PM, Peter Fleck wrote:
> >
> > Is it possible in html5 output of audio and video to have multiple
> > sources and fallback?
> >
> > I'm thinking specifically of for example:
> >
> > <video>
> >    <source src="video.ogg" type="video/ogg" />
> >    <source src="video.mp4" type="video/mp4" />
> >    <source src="video.webm" type=" video/webm">
> > </video>
>
> This is not yet supported in the stylesheets.
> If the videoobject allowed multiple videodata elements, then it could
> output all of them as in your example, mapping the fileref attribute
> to @src and the format attribute to @type, for example.  But that
> currently is not allowed in DocBook.

It relates to alternating raster/vector images used in my documents.

Currently I specify just 'image.png' in the DocBook source. It is used 'as is' in HTML outputs, but for PDF outputs my custom XSLT function looks for 'image.pdf' and if it exists, it is referenced instead in the final FO source.

It could be used as a temporary solution also in your case.

Regards, Jan