Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] How useful is chunker.output.indent?

On Fri, 2013-12-06 at 11:48 -0800, Bob Stayton wrote:
> Hi Peter,
> The quality of the indenting depends on the XSLT processor.  All that
> DocBook XSL is doing is passing along the setting to the processor.  The
> stylesheet does not perform any indenting.  What XSLT processor are you
> using?  Does another processor give different results?  HTML or XHTML?

I'm using xsltproc with XHTML output in this case.

I don't see how indenting could ever work reliably.  The processor
doesn't know that <pre> in HTML output cannot be reindented, for
example.  The XSLT recommendation says that indenting is not safe with
mixed content, which is the case both in DocBook and in HTML.