Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Storing data within Docbook?

Looking at docbook.rng, I see that the xhtml namespace is explicitly
excluded. I don't know why they schema is written that way; perhaps
someone else can explain the rational:

    <define name="db._any">
      <element>
        <a:documentation>Any element from almost any
namespace</a:documentation>
        <anyName>
          <except>
            <nsName/>
            <nsName ns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"/>
          </except>
        </anyName>
        <zeroOrMore>
          <choice>
            <ref name="db._any.attribute"/>
            <text/>
            <ref name="db._any"/>
          </choice>
        </zeroOrMore>
      </element>
    </define>

You could store it in any namespace other than xhtml and convert it back
when you use it downstream.

Regards,
David