Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Fitting tall images in PDF

Thanks Bob and David,

What's the right way to pass the "scale-down-to-fit" attribute value into the FO?

I've tried adding them as attributes on <imagedata> with some XSL that I was using before to handle wide images. Here's the template where xmlns:db="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook" exclude-result-prefixes="db":

 <xsl:template match="db:imagedata">
  <xsl:element name="imagedata" namespace="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook">
   <xsl:attribute name="contentdepth">scale-down-to-fit</xsl:attribute>
   <xsl:attribute name="contentwidth">scale-down-to-fit</xsl:attribute>
   <xsl:attribute name="align">center</xsl:attribute>
  </xsl:element>
 </xsl:template>

After this transformation and running the stylesheets, text-align="center" shows up in the resulting .fo, but the others are null: content-width="" content-height="".

Is there a stylesheet customization I should apply to allow those attribute values to pass through to the FO?

Or do I need to edit the FO after it gets generated?

Regards,
Mark