Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Docbook to epub - Extra field length for first filename must be 0, but was ..

If I've understood correctly, you're having trouble getting the zip part of the process working.

I have the basic process for generating epub via Ant working fine.

An earlier query on this list (14/6/2013) was replied to by tony Graham, who pointed me at his article

http://inasmuch.as/2010/12/10/ant-for-epub/

The following target is from my Ant file.

  <target name="zip-epub"
    description="Package up an EPUB"
    depends="image-list-copy"

 <!-- The 'mimetype' file is supposed to be uncompressed and the first thing in the .epub file so the file conforms to the (rather long) signature for EPUB files. -->
 <zip destfile="${output-dir}/${name-root}.mimetype"
   compress="false"
   encoding="UTF-8">
   <fileset dir="${output-dir}/${name-root}" includes="mimetype" />
 </zip>
 <!-- We'd really rather have the rest compressed, thank you. -->
 <zip destfile="${output-dir}/${name-root}.zip"
   compress="true"
   encoding="UTF-8"
   level="9">
   <zipfileset dir="${output-dir}/${name-root}/META-INF" prefix="META-INF"/>
   <zipfileset dir="${output-dir}/${name-root}/OEBPS" prefix="OEBPS"/>
 </zip>
 <!-- Putting them together this way is the best way so far found for getting only 'mimetype' uncompressed in the .epub. -->
 <zip destfile="${output-dir}/${name-root}.epub"
   update="true"
   keepcompression="true"
   encoding="UTF-8">
   <zipfileset src="" />
   <zipfileset src="" />
 </zip>
  </target>

Hope that helps, and apologies if I've misunderstood the fault you're seeing.

Regards,

Richard.

PS.

I said the basic process is working as I do still have a recurring fault, though I seem to recall it's actually just a warning.  I need to handle a selection of different date string formats for version histories, but epub wants one format (ISO I think) so I'll need to pass them into EXSLT to get them sorted.

Richard Kerry

BNCS Engineer, SI SOL Telco & Media Vertical Practice

T: +44 (0)20 3618 2669

M: +44 (0)7812 325518

G300, Stadium House, Wood Lane, London, W12 7TA

richard.kerry@atos.net

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. As its integrity cannot be secured on the Internet, the Atos group liability cannot be triggered for the message content. Although the sender endeavours to maintain a computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitt