Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Strip docbook-5 to content only

Hi Dave,

I use a simple filter (see attachment) to remove all tags that I do not need, e.g. classname, methodname. However I replace these elements with a placeholder term because otherwise LanguageTool would recognize grammar errors.  In principle, the line number is near the original position in the file. I think it gets a bit confused because of the namespace declarations in some elements which extend over several lines.  I do not resolve xi:includes but check each file on its own.

Regards,
Michael Fritsch

-----Original Message-----
From: davep [mailto:davep@dpawson.co.uk]
Sent: Sonntag, 23. März 2014 12:33
To: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [docbook-apps] Strip docbook-5 to content only

I'm playing with a grammar checker that isn't as yet XML friendly.
One option is to strip all markup and pass through to the grammar checker having expanded any xincludes.

Issues:
  1. Plain text output, Ideally block -> newline, inlines ->whitespace
  separation.
  2. Indexing is a special. Null template for <db:indexterm/>
   3. Ditto (remove markup) for toc

Can anyone think of any other 'specials' that might need processing to obtain a simple text file ready for a spell checker?

And finally - has anyone done something similar please?

regards

--

regards

--