Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Strip docbook-5 to content only

On Mon, 24 Mar 2014 10:51:55 +0100
Stefan Knorr <sknorr@suse.de> wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> On 23/03/14 12:32, davep wrote:
> > I'm playing with a grammar checker that isn't as yet XML friendly.
> > One option is to strip all markup and pass through to the grammar
> > checker having expanded any xincludes.
>
> Interesting -- what checker do you use, if I may ask?

https://languagetool.org/

With a few niggles it is grammar checking Docbook 5 with few problems.

> > Issues: 1. Plain text output, Ideally block -> newline, inlines
> > ->whitespace separation. 2. Indexing is a special. Null template
> > for <db:indexterm/> 3. Ditto (remove markup) for toc
> >
> > Can anyone think of any other 'specials' that might need
> > processing to obtain a simple text file ready for a spell checker?
>
> Since I am trying to implement some sort of style/terminology checker
> here, here are the rules I use to prepare the text before the
> terminology check:
>
> https://www.gitorious.org/style-checker/style-checker/source/999eb9696fed15e75b01eee2febbb28562fc3144:source/xsl-checks/terminology.xslc
>
> You can see that I try to hide things like literals and keys from the
> style checker. The ##@sth## format is because I am using regular
> expressions and wanted a format that is distinctive but does not
> contain any regular expression characters.

"Style"? I'm not sure I understand what is meant by style Stefan?

LT is very much a grammar checker in the classical style - they are
trying to integrate it with Open Office and other such tools.

I'll try your stylesheet if I may - a good starting point.

--

regards

--
Dave Pawson