Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] foonote and links

Hi,
In HTML output, no, the footnote numbers should link to the footnote.

In PDF output, yes, that's expected, but I cannot say why. That is, the fo stylesheet does not currently add the links like the HTML. DocBook fo outputs the standard XSL fo:footnote element so the page layout is managed properly by the XSL formatter, and fo:footnote apparently does not form such links. But the links could be internal to the fo:footnote element's components.

I guess the originator of the footnote template didn't see it as necessary since the footnote appears on the same page. You could customize the templates in fo/footnote.xsl to generate footnote id attributes and fo:basic-link elements.