Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] video embed in Docbook

Bob,

I was using an older version of the 5.1 rng files. Switched to 5.1RC2, removed controls and now that part is working as intended. I'm having a different issue now that will post in a separate thread

Carlos

Hi Carlos,

It is correct that @controls is not permitted on videodata.  I'm looking at the DocBook 5.1 reference page for videodata and it does not mention @controls, and it is up to date.  What doc version are you looking at?

http://docbook.org/tdg51/en/html/videodata.html

>   element "multimediaparam" not allowed anywhere; expected the element
> end-tag or element "info"

That is not correct.  The multimediaparam element was a child of videoobject in 5.1 CR1, but it was moved to be a child of videodata in 5.1 CR2.  Since you are using CR2, your example should be valid.  If I copy your example and remove @controls, then it validates in Oxygen with 5.1CR2/docbook.rnc.