Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Coloring only internal links in FO?

On 02 May, 2014,at 08:07 AM, Mark Craig <mark.craig@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

What is the right way with the 1.78.1 stylesheets to color only internal links in FO?

I'd like to deactivate external olinks in PDF output with activate.external.olinks, and then leave external links the same color as surrounding text, but keep color on internal links (and URLs) because without visual cues it can be difficult to notice that they're active.

At present I'm using the following customization, loosely based on http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/OlinkFormatting.html:

  <xsl:attribute-set name="xref.properties">
    <xsl:attribute name="color">#47a</xsl:attribute>
  </xsl:attribute-set>

This makes all the links blue... unfortunately including deactivated external olinks.

There is an example of this kind of styling in the XSL-FO spec, which you'll probably want to mimic: http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/#d0e12911

I'm not sure how you'd set this up in the docbook stylesheets. A quick grep of the 1.78.1 stylesheets doesn't reveal any "active-state" strings so there may be some work to do...

Chris