Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] EPUB: dbtimestamp PI in pubdate or date

On 17.5.2014 13:48, Thomas Schraitle wrote:
> Digging deeper into the EPUB3 stylesheets, I assume the "dbtimestamp" PI isn't
> supported at all. The pubdate is used as OPF metadata in the following
> template:
>
>  <xsl:template match="date|pubdate" mode="opf.metadata">
>    <xsl:variable name="date">
>      <xsl:call-template name="format.meta.date">
>        <xsl:with-param name="string" select="normalize-space(.)"/>
>      </xsl:call-template>
>    </xsl:variable>
>   <!-- ... --->
>  </xsl:template>
>
> However, "format.meta.data" just checks if the given text is in the right
> format. If not, it displays the above warning message.
>
> Now I'm wondering if this is the right approach. 8-) Shouldn't we distinguish
> between two cases:

I think that instead of using . we should call apply-templates, so
<?dbtimestamp?> is processed. Something like:

<xsl:template match="date|pubdate" mode="opf.metadata">
   <xsl:variable name="content">
     <xsl:apply-templates/>
   </xsl:variable>
   <xsl:variable name="date">
     <xsl:call-template name="format.meta.date">
       <xsl:with-param name="string" select="normalize-space($content)"/>
     </xsl:call-template>
   </xsl:variable>

					Jirka