Subject: AW: AW: [docbook-apps] Problem with images given as entity in xhtml output (template process.image)

Thank you Jirka,

actually i am not shure wheter there is a bug, and, if so, i fit is in the stylesheets or in the xslt engine. But the answer should definitively not depend on my own definition of correctness, since this may vary from time to time ...

I will try to get some help from the oxygen guys.

Thanks,
Frank

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Jirka Kosek [mailto:jirka@kosek.cz]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 22. Mai 2014 17:31
An: Frank Steimke
Cc: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org

On 22.5.2014 17:22, Frank Steimke wrote:
> OK, but as far as I understand, the same problem would come up if I would use a @fileref with an absolute filename like " file:/C:/temp/image.png".

You shouldn't use absolute filenames because that way your documents are not portable.

> Question is, whether this is a correct URL for an absolute filename.

It depends on your definition of correctness. At least for Windows paths there are several common ways how to construct URL, e.g. file:///c/..., file:/c:/..., file:///c|/...

> If it is not, then there is a problem with the unparsed-entity-uri() function, since it should never return an invalid URL. This would result in a bug report for saxon 6.5 on windows 7.
> If it is, then there is a problem with the process.image template, since it should be able to process URLs with absolute filenames.

Absolute file URLs are mess, very different on each operating system.
But if there is a bug, please feel free to submit bugreport.

				Jirka