Subject: Redundant end tags been removed

Hi guys,

I'm trying to add the below to each chunked html page.

<script type="text/_javascript_" src=""></script>

What happens is that the <script> tag gets shortened to

<script type="text/_javascript_" src=""/>

ie. the redundant closing tag is removed and the end slash added.

This stops the rest of the html being displayed. If I manually change the html after it has been created  to the top, the AddThis sharing buttons appear.

I know there is probably a simple answer to this but can't get it. Is there a way to stop the <script> tag getting shortened?

Thanks,

Peter