Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Numbered paragraphs

On 08/01/2014 06:47 PM, Richard Hamilton wrote:
> Before I dive into a customization, has anyone ever customized the fo stylesheets to generate paragraph numbers? That is, sequentially numbering every paragraph in a book from the beginning to the end.
>
> The ideal would be to put them into the margin, but I'd be happy with any method that assigned a sequential number to each paragraph.

For an OMG specification I have used ordered lists to wrap all text to
get essentially the same effect as you seem to seek (see
http://www.omg.org/spec/VSIPL++/1.2/PDF/).
You can find my customization in
https://github.com/vsip/specs/tree/master/xsl, though this may look like
a set of crude hacks to trained eyes. (Feel free to clone at your
leisure....)

    Stefan