Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Release of DocBook 5.1 + XSL?

On 13.8.2014 15:04, graeme@heliocentrik.net wrote:
> I know this is a cheeky request. Anyway, my organisation is using the
> DocBook 5.1 betas in production, and we are keen to know if there is any
> information regarding when the final release of the spec, and in
> particular the XSL distribution which fully supports it, are likely to
> be available.
>
> Is there a known release timeframe?

If there are no issues found in 5.1RC3 then plan is to make it OASIS
Committee Specification and then OASIS Standard soon. There are some
review periods required by OASIS process, but if everything goes well
5.1 could be Committee Specification during autumn. OASIS Standard is
just rubber-stamping process, so no changes will be made into
specification and this procedural delay shouldn't have impact on
delaying implementations.

XSL stylesheets are separate story. If you find some bug or missing
feature in assembly support please fill it into tracker so
implementation can be fixed.

				Jirka