Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Simple title page - would like to add a logo

The process of modifying the titlepage specification file and regenerating the XSL template for titlepages works most of the time. But it assumes each element starts on its own line, so that method does not handle side-by-side placement as shown in your example.

To fully customize a titlepage's layout, you can write your own template, using fo:tables to lay out elements. This section of my book describes that process:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/TitlePagePrint.html#TitlepageTableLayout

What I'm not clear about is whether the DEP4E tool you are using permits the use of a DocBook customization layer. It runs on ant, so I suspect there must be a way to specify an alternate stylesheet, but the documentation I saw does not seem to cover that.