Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Thanks!

On 9/5/14, 10:03 AM, David Cramer wrote:
> Should other options for search be provided? E.g. you could replace the
> javascript search with a Google site search. Believe it or not, all the
> books in the "API Documentation" portion of this site is actually
> webhelp (it's my former employer and I was involved in the implementation):
>
> http://docs.rackspace.com/servers/api/v2/cs-gettingstarted/content/overview.html
>
> The header and footer is provided from a single location "as a service"
> and pulled in to each page with some javascript and the search is
> powered by a google custom search.

Btw., the webhelp there is generated from the following build
systems/customization layers if you wanted to dig into the code for
inspiration:

https://github.com/stackforge/clouddocs-maven-plugin
https://github.com/rackerlabs/olink-maven-plugin

The header-as-a-service code was never made public, but more due to not
getting around to making it public than an unwillingness to share.

Regards,
David