Subject: support for xpointer

Hello,

Sorry if the following is slightly off-topic.

I'm trying to refactor a large docbook document (an API specification)
into multiple documents, including relevant chunks of content from a
"meta-model" document into a "language-bindings" document via xinclude /
xpointer.

I played a bit with the sample code from
http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/ModularDoc.html, using xsltproc
(Using libxml 20901, libxslt 10128 and libexslt 817) on Fedora 20, with
mixed results. While I got simple cases working, slightly more advanced
cases led to wrong results, letting me doubt the quality of the
implementation of xpointer support in xsltproc.

Can anyone confirm the state of xpointer support in xsltproc, or any
other Free XSLT processor for that matter ? (For example, what about
saxon ?) Are there any (free) test suites that I could use to get a
sense of what is supported and what not ?

Many thanks,
        Stefan