Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] support for xpointer

On 09/14/2014 05:09 AM, Jirka Kosek wrote:
> On 14.9.2014 3:22, Stefan Seefeld wrote:
>> Can anyone confirm the state of xpointer support in xsltproc, or any
>> other Free XSLT processor for that matter ? (For example, what about
>> saxon ?) Are there any (free) test suites that I could use to get a
>> sense of what is supported and what not ?
> AFAIK only thing which is reliable and works across different
> implementations is referencing node by its ID. Very sad.

That's sad indeed. I was trying to fetch a specific subnode of an
identified element, but couldn't manage to get that working with
xsltproc (haven't tried with saxon yet), so I was looking for working
examples.

(I'm not even sure what the right spelling is to express "second
listitem within a section with id "demo" " using xpointers. And xsltproc
typically doesn't even give an error. It simply ignores the entire
xpointer attribute :-( )

> There is XInclude test suite, which has some XPointer tests as well:
>
> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2001/XInclude-Test-Suite/

Thanks. These tests all are rather old, and limited as far as I can see.
Hasn't there been any recent activity on xpointers recently ? What other
tools for transclusion are people using nowadays ?

Thanks,
        Stefan