Subject: Tests Framework for DocBook Stylesheets & Customizations?

Hi,

when developing customizations for the DocBook stylesheets I have
always the feeling I forget something important and work without any
"safey net". ;)
As such, it would be great to have a "test framework" which could
automatically check the transformation results with the expected
behaviour.

I know of XSpec from Jeni Tennison which goes in this direction.
However, as far as I know, this is for XSLT 2, not XSLT 1. It's used
for developing and testing the upcoming XSLT 2 DocBook stylesheets.

I'm not sure how easily could this be adapted to our current XSLT 1
base. Are there other (better?) solutions?

How do *you* develop and test your stylesheets? Has anybody used such
frameworks? Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

--
Gruß/Regards,
    Thomas Schraitle