Subject: Checking for different types of links (xref vs link/linkend vs link/href)

Is there a way in the customization layer to check for different types of links?

What I want to do is in PDFs, do the following:

- For xref links (links within a guide) and link/href links (links to websites), do the standard blue link text

- For link/linkend links (links to other guides), do not have any formatting.

The reason for this is that for our PDF output, where each guide is a separate file, the links between guides do not work. They're currently formatted as links, but aren't clickable.

In the WebHelp output, which is generated as a single collection, the links do work, so I want to leave them as links in the source file.

I know that olinks are designed to be used for links between documents, but my understanding is that olinks do not work in WebHelp output.

I tried a workaround in the FO XSL file where only xref links were blue:

  <xsl:attribute-set name="xref.properties">

<xsl:attribute name="color">

<xsl:choose>
               <xsl:when test="self::xref">blue</xsl:when>
                <xsl:otherwise>inherit</xsl:otherwise>
         </xsl:choose>

</xsl:attribute>
  </xsl:attribute-set>

But ended up with no formatting on any links.

Thanks,

Janice