Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Google Summer of Code 2015 -- Last call for participants

On 10/02/15 08:47 PM, Steve Ball wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> My current project is to implement the DocBook roundtripping subsystem in a Web browser, using Saxon-CE. However, I feel it needs to be more advanced before getting a student to work on it. Happy to be convinced otherwise…

Interesting idea. I think that, quite independent from GSoC, it would be
very useful to keep project ideas as well as projects that are actively
being worked on documented somewhere (on the DocBook wiki, perhaps), if
only to display that there (still) is life in the DocBook project and
community. Sometimes it feels to me as if it has gone into maintenance
mode, with no or very little effort on development. To me, proposing
again to participate in GSoC is (also) an attempt to see whether that's
actually true or not.

        Stefan