Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Using imageobject twice on title page fails (FO)

Hi,
If you take a peek inside the generated titlepage.templates.xsl, you'll see that each of the title pages uses different modes to process their elements:

recto page:

<xsl:template match="mediaobject" mode="book.titlepage.recto.auto.mode">
  <fo:block xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";
          xsl:use-attribute-sets="book.titlepage.recto.style">
    <xsl:apply-templates select="." mode="book.titlepage.recto.mode"/>
  </fo:block>
</xsl:template>

verso page:

<xsl:template match="mediaobject" mode="book.titlepage.verso.auto.mode">
  <fo:block xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";
        xsl:use-attribute-sets="book.titlepage.verso.style"
        space-before="1.5in">
    <xsl:apply-templates select="." mode="book.titlepage.verso.mode"/>
  </fo:block>
</xsl:template>

For many elements (including mediaobject), these modes eventually apply templates in the normal mode. That's why you get duplicate ids.

You'll need to add a template to your customization layer something like this:

<xsl:template match="mediaobject" mode="book.titlepage.verso.mode">

<!-- copy the contents of the normal template that matches on mediaobject (from fo/graphics.xsl) here, and remove the part that generates the id attribute. -->

</xsl:template>

(Add the namespace prefix d:mediaobject if you are using the namespaced stylesheets with DocBook 5).