Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Visual DocBook editors

Hi Nils,

wow, what a nice list of projects!

On 2015-05-23 Nils Cordes wrote:
> On 2015-05-23 Jan Tosowsky wrote:
> >
> > Have I overlooked any handy tool or service?
>
> NeoDoc Calenco
>
> http://www.neodoc.biz/en/calenco/index.html
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/calenco/

I can see just marketing on their site, not a live demo or even screenshot of their content editor. DocBook is not mentioned anywhere...

Has anybody any experience with this system?

> Doctored.js
> http://holloway.co.nz/doctored/
> https://github.com/holloway/doctored

While not a real WYSIWYG this one looks cool. But understaffed (maintained by a single person... no recent updates...). Some operations seem to be overcomplicated (how do I delete a tag without switching into source XML?).

> JBoss Tools Visual Editor
> http://tools.jboss.org/
> https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-
> vpe/tree/master/plugins/org.jbo
> ss.tools.vpe.docbook

Is there any screencast to demostrate how it works?

> DEP4E
> http://dep4e.sourceforge.net/
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/dep4e/

In the quick start guide there is only raw XML editing mentioned, not WYSIWYG.

Regards,
Jan