Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Changing <formalpara> title formatting

Hi Paul,
There's a parameter for that:

http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/doc/fo/runinhead.default.title.end.punct.html

The default value is period, so if you set that to an empty string, it should omit the period.

On 5/27/2015 9:55 AM, Paul DuBois wrote:
For <formalpara>, the <title> normally is formatted with a period added to the title. For example, this:

  <formalpara>

    <title>Formal Para Title</title>

    <para>
      Formal para content.
    </para>

Appears like this, with the title in bold:

Formal Para Title.  Formal para content.

I have a document that's being translated into Japanese. My translators tell me that for Japanese, it's better not to have the period added to the formalpara title.

I thought perhaps changing the document from lang="en" to lang="ja" might do the trick, but no dice. Is there a supported way to do this? I don't want to hack my stylesheets in an untoward way because I don't want to affect other documents. Thanks.