Subject: RE: Docbook to IETM?

Hi Norma,

I believe DocBook Webhelp meets the requirements for Type 1 Class 3 (and in some respects (e.g. search functionality) possible Class 4).

In addition to the type/class, you should also consider if other standards such as S1000D need to be met (most military/aerospace IETMs do), and what method of viewing is intended i.e. web browser or propriety viewer.

Regards

Nick

From: Emery, Norma (HGR) [mailto:nemery@whitehangar.net]
Sent: Monday, June 29, 2015 2:44 PM
To: Wood Nick; DocBook Apps Mailing List

Hi, Nick,

This is a good question. I had done a bit of research into IETMs and it appears that there are multiple levels possible, each of which calls for a certain set of functionality. I don’t yet have the specifics on which level is required. Do you perhaps know if Docbook -> Webhelp or Docbook -> Javahelp has been shown to meet any specific level of IETM requirements? In the meantime, I’m requesting more detail on the level and type required and will follow up when I have that information.

Kind Regards,

Norma