Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] support for olink PDF fragment IDs

Congratulations, Cathy, on getting cross-PDF linking to work at all! That was a tall mountain to climb. And I am SO DELIGHTED to see a division of Apple using DocBook!

As for your exact issue, I can offer only a guess and not knowledge. Are your tables formal or informal? You might need to use formal tables to be able to successfully olink to them. If that’s not the problem, then your workaround is to olink to the nearest block-level section when referencing the table.

Let this list know how you solve this!

Best of luck.

I am using oXygen XML Editor 16.1 with the bundled DocBook 5 stylesheets and Apache FOP 1.1 and Saxon 6.5.5.

I am generating PDFs from within Oxygen. I followed the instructions here http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/Olinking.html#LinkBetweenDocs to set up everything. I can link from one PDF and open to a spot within a second PDF, if I am linking to sections in the other doc. But it is not working for me to link to a table within the other PDF; instead it opens to page 1 of the PDF.

Anyone have this same issue? Or able to successfully link to a table within a second PDF?

Regards,

Cathy Riely
 Technical Writer, Lonestar Design Center
512-910-6275 office
512-413-6250 cell