Subject: PDF-like HTML output

Dear All,

(1) there was lot of work in W3 recently dedicated in CSS for paged media
(2) there are conversion tools from HTML+CSS to PDF utilizing these features
(3) some interesting JavaScript libraries have appeared (e.g.
vivliostyle.js) emulating the intended rendering to 'yet inmature' browsers
(polyfills)

which make me wonder if there is an interest in making some kind of
reference implementation of PDF-like output in HTML+CSS from DocBook source,
especially for (3). Has anybody any experience with it?

I am not experienced in this field, but I am willing to help, at least with
testing :-)

Thanks, Jan