Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] <part> should become <appendix> in another book

Hi Frank,

thanks, xpointers sound very useful.

I tried it but my self-written xinclude Apache Ant task does not support xpointers. Is anyone aware of an existing Ant xinclude task which has support for xpointers?

Best regards, Lars

Hi there!

There is probably some XLST foo out there that does what you want. I’d like to suggest an other approach. Have a look at "Xpointers" for the x:include element. The attribute "xpointer" on that element defines an xpath _expression_ (kind of) that is used to select only parts of the document you want to include.

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/ModularDoc.html#UsingXinclude

See e.g. "Selecting part of a file". However, your tool chain must support xpointers (not sure if xproc has suport for the full power of xpointers).

Hope this helps!

Regards
/frank