Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Show off what you've done with Docbook

On 09/11/2015 12:56 PM, Katie Welles wrote:
> Have any of you PDF + HTML output with Docbook? If anyone has such a project and will be willing to show it off, send some URLs!

I have been using DocBook to document APIs for a long time. Most
recently I have been working on a C and C++ standard backed by the
Object Management Group (which imposes its own formatting rules). The
results can be seen in http://portals.omg.org/hpec/content/specifications

(The sources for these, together with the custom stylesheets are in
https://github.com/vsip/specs.

> As an aside: Have any of you used asciidoc?

I have not. I have used a variety of other languages (markdown, ReST,
etc.) to add API documentation into source code, and extract and
translate that to DocBook. In particular, the Boost.org project
(http://boost.org) uses a DocBook extension called BoostBook with
additional markup for C++ APIs. (A few years ago I mentored a GSoC
student to rebase that work over DocBook 5. That's unfortunately not
entirely finished. I hope to be able to complete this eventually, once
the DocBook repo migrates to github and gets cleaned up a little.)

Regards,
        Stefan