Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Show off what you've done with Docbook

I agree that the power of docbook is in its ability to generate multiple formats.

At my last position I generated single and multi-page HTML and PDF for a multi-product, multi-version docset. (I'm sorry, I'm not able to provide a public URL here).

It did involve a fair amount of work, and I agree that when there is an issue it can be complicated to track down and fix. The bits I found particularly tricky were wrapping text (in tables mainly) so that the PDF text stayed inside its margins, and the PDF cross-references. Can go into some more detail on this if you like.

Bob's book and the support on these lists is awesome though - and there wasn't a problem that I couldn't eventually fix.

I would also +1 the advantages of having a tool-chain that can be incorporated into CI. We used svn/maven/docbkx-tools/jenkins plus some other in-house tools.

Nat