Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Show off what you've done with Docbook

On Fri, 11 Sep 2015, Warren Block wrote:
On Fri, 11 Sep 2015, Katie Welles wrote:

Have any of you PDF + HTML output with Docbook? If anyone has such a project and will be willing to show it off, send some URLs!

We use it for most of the FreeBSD documentation:
https://www.freebsd.org/docs/books.html

The FreeBSD Handbook is the most famous:
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/

The Porter's Handbook is also a full book:
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/index.html

We also have a book for people contributing to the documentation:
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/fdp-primer/index.html

DocBook, XSLT, and Fop are used to generate HTML, PDF, plain text, PostScript, RTF, and some compressed versions of those.

For comparison, PDFs (zip-compressed) of the documents above:
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/book.pdf.zip
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/book.pdf.zip
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/fdp-primer/book.pdf.zip

As an aside: Have any of you used asciidoc?

I use AsciiDoc for my own articles:
http://www.wonkity.com/~wblock/docs/

These articles all have both HTML and PDF links.