Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Tools to make DocBook easier

Benjamin,

as for CMS...

I (with help of my java-minded colleagues) setup custom build of
Apache Cocoon 2.2 as a XML Publishing Framework some years ago. This
build is live now within company and is used for internal company
documentation.

It deals quite good with:
- Docbook files (we used v. 4.5).
- Conditional profiling (2-passes).
- pdf generation with FOP
- dynamically generation of documentation web site, including actual
docs version, trunk, etc.
- adaptive content, based on device.
- some more stuff...

However, some things are out of scope of Cocoon and are made at
preprocess level (shell scripts):
- SVN updates/checkouts (svn used for storing xml and images).
java-based svn-kit is much slower, than grab xmls from disk.
- XIncludes;
- building targetdb;
- some custom optimization for olinks [1]

I want personally to thank Bob for his insight on using Cocoon as an
automation technology in his book "DocBook XSL: The Complete Guide,
Fourth Edition", I read in the beginning of 2008.

[1] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/201011/msg00073.html