Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Different style on even/odd page in PDF

Hi Frank,

If you are talking about the header or footer, I think you can do that by adjusting properties.

But if you're talking about regular titles, that may be harder. Only the layout engine (fop or equivalent) knows whether something is on a left- or right-hand page, and it only knows that when it is laying out pages, which is after you have generated fo.

There may be markup you could include that would let you do something like this (possibly a processor-specific directive for one of the proprietary fo processors), but the last time I tried something similar, I couldn't find a way to automatically do this.

Dick Hamilton

XML for Technical Communicators
http://xmlpress.net