Subject: AW: AW: [docbook-apps] Centered table cells

Dear all

Shame on me. Long time ago it seems that I have customized the “table.cell.block.properties” template and pimped it with a fixed ‘start’ value.

My big excuse to the group and wasting your time. Next time I promise to be more thorough before posting problems. :-)

Thanks

Ben

Von: Kallauch, Benjamin (EEIN/5)
Gesendet: Freitag, 5. Februar 2016 08:57
An: Docbook
Betreff: AW: AW: [docbook-apps] Centered table cells

Hi Bob, dear all

you say, the block inside the cell may reset the text-align attribute. This is indeed the case in my fo-export. Here is a code snippet, where you can see, that the cell has got the text-align attribute set correctly to 'center', but then the following child block element resets it to 'start'.

<fo:table-cell padding-start="2pt" padding-end="2pt" padding-top="2pt" padding-bottom="2pt" keep-together.within-column="always" border-end-width="0.5pt" border-end-style="solid" border-end-color="blue" display-align="center" text-align="center">

                <fo:block font-size="70%" text-align="start">content here should be centered</fo:block>

</fo:table-cell>

Second, what confuses me is that a “text-align” attribute is not specified within a <fo:table-cell> element in FO as far as I know. So, text-align should not even show up within fo:table cell, in my eyes.

By the way, there is no difference whether I use a <para> inside the <entry> element or nor. The only (not remarkable) difference is a further fo:block child element within the fo:block above.

FOP version 1.1

XSL stylesheets v. 1.78.1

Thanks a lot for your help.

regards