Subject: Docbook to docx

Dear all,

I have been trying for a while to generate a Word 2010 file from Docbook.
I have a Word Template with styles for the most common things
like Heading 1, Title etc.

I had some problems with Word 2007 with name changes in styles.
The style Title became Titel in the German version of Word.

I would like to simply put the content of a Docbook article into
a word document using the external template for style.
Actually
pandoc --from=docbook --to=docx --reference-docx=Template.docx --output=Article.docx Article.xml
would do but this does not work very well.

What ways or tools are available ?
Do I have to use other formats as intermediate ?
or is it not possible...

Basically the article has sections (nested), title, para, imageobjects, and lists.. tables would be a plus.
Would be ok with a subset but a plus if one can map a tag to a style.

Any ideas and pointers ?
I have looked at pandoc and python-docx but the solutions become
complex and not very automatic.
There used to be some effort for stylesheets but I guess that would not work with the predefined styles of the Template ?

Fredrik Unger